Dance and Fitness
For those wishing to obtain some formal recognition of their dancing skills, Studio S offers classes that lead to a external assessment route with the International Dance Teachers Association. (IDTA)
Please scroll down to read about: exam times, mock exam, fees, and uniform / dress requirements
EXAMS IN JULY 2019
Mock Exams to be held on Tuesday July 9th:
* Rosettes (ages 3-6 years) 4pm - 4.30pm
* Prep and Primary (Ages 6 yrs +) 4.30pm - 5.30pm
* Grade 2 Ballet 5.30pm - 7pm
EXAM TIMES - WEDNESDAY 10TH JULY
All exam candidates need to arrive at Studio S as follows:
*Grade 2: 5.15pm
We accept that parents incur considerable expense on behalf of children undertaking formal exams, therefore we ask for commitment to one of the following before the exam takes place:
1. Full payment for uniform and Awarding Body (IDTA) exam fees
2. Completion of a 'Payment by Instalment Form' which allows you to pay us over a period of 90 days.
*Rosettes: Tap £10, Ballet £10
*Prep/Primary: Tap and Ballet combined - total of £38
*Grade 2 Ballet: £30
All exam candidates will be marked on presentation, so please note al1 of the following:
1. Lilac Studio S ballet uniform must be worn.
2. Ballet / Tap shoes are compulsory. We have no spare pairs at the Studio and unfortunately, candidates not wearing the correct footwear will not be able to participate in the exam(s).
3. Hair must be in one tight, neat bun either on top of the head or at the nape of the neck. No wispy strands are permitted. Should you wish, Studio S can provide assistance with styling hair but this is only possible if candidates arrive early enough to allow a reasonable amount of time for this.